Separately Managed Accounts
- Core Equity Growth: Our core equity growth portfolio consists of high-quality small, mid and large-cap stocks, which have: 1) a blend of domestic and international exposure, 2) a 10-year average of 15% return on equity or higher, 3) high discretionary cash flow, 4) consistent earnings and dividend growth, and 5) global brand name franchises. These high-quality stocks are acquired in a "buy and hold" process, with the average hold period of approximately 5 years. Securities are sold only after extensive in-house research.
- Balanced: Our balanced portfolio is structured to create the best combination of safety and income, as well as potential capital appreciation. The portfolio consists of government securities, U.S. Treasury bills, notes, and incorporated U.S. government agencies. It also consists of high-quality corporate bonds, preferred stocks, municipal bonds, ETFs, and individual stock positions. The structure of the portfolio's assets attempts to ensure a high level of safety, with dependable income and attractive returns.
- Focused: Our focused portfolio is structured for more aggressive growth, with a more concentrated approach in relation to sector, country, cap size, etc., ensuring that our best ideas are being utilized to attempt to maximize returns with a reasonable level of risk. Intensive in-house research, systematic portfolio review and robust client communications ensure that assets in this portfolio are properly balanced, monitored, and invested.
- Equity Income: Our equity income portfolio is structured more towards dividend paying equities, which is designed for increasing portfolio income. We search for high-quality companies that have a consistent history of paying and increasing dividends, thus allowing for a portfolio whose yield is always above the S&P 500. Each company is screened also for growth characteristics so that the portfolio can generate both income and capital appreciation. Our equity income portfolio is managed to participate in up markets, and outperform in down markets, all the while paying the investor income.
- Large-Cap Tax-Exempt Value: This equity portfolio, run by former Cornell Chief Investment Officer Jim Sanderson, is designed for tax-exempt accounts with long-term appreciation and growing income objectives. Assets are primarily allocated to large-cap equities, with mid-cap and small-cap equities included to a lesser extent. Rather than seeking deep value or seemingly "cheap" equities, we concentrate on including superior companies exhibiting compelling value when considering price in relation to growth characteristics.
* Please see our disclaimer section for a complete list of disclosure statements.